Saturday, September 29, 2018

A Cold Crisp Day

Personal Recount

Last Sunday, my 2 sisters and I went for a walk in the park. It was freezing, but our mom and dad insisted that we had some outdoor activity. I reluctantly come with them.

We eventually reached the park. I lifted my gloves up to my damp eyelashes and wiped the snowflakes from my eyes. I could not feel my nose and my breath was like icicles forming in the air. I was cold. I was fed up. I wanted to go home. I could see my footprints on the snowy path. They were like a trail of breadcrumbs in the forest showing me the way home.

On the other hand, my sisters enjoyed the walk. They joyfully played with the snow. They started throwing the snowballs to each other. I stayed away from them. Otherwise, they would begin the snow war with me. 

Then, I stopped. I listened to the magic around me. I heard the wind howling like a dog hungry for a yummy bone. The branches of trees had become bare, and the grass was covered with white sparkling blanket. My breath was like smoke wafting up into the freezing cold air. I began to enjoy the park and joined my sisters building a small snowman.


Suddenly, there were mom and dad holding big cups. Mom handed one to me with an enormous smile on her face.

“Here you are Jo. This will keep you warm,” she said.

It was hot chocolate. I slowly sipped the delicious liquid and felt it dripping down into my tummy.

My wet woolen gloves were no longer frozen but warm. I was no longer fed up or cold. Walking in the park during winter was not that bad after all. It can be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment